The Future of Magazines Alive in Prototype

I love print magazines. Flipping through their pages, starting at the last page instead of the first, and letting it hang around for a while on my coffee table like a piece of decor that showboats parts of my personality to my guests. So, I still have personal mixed feelings about the idea of a digital magazine. But it's an inevitable reality in the future of magazines.

We now have Lonny, the first all digital home design magazine, and major publishers Conde Nast, Hearst and others have signed onto to jointly produce and distribute digital magazines, dubbed the "Hulu for magazines." So I just HAD to check out this new digital magazine prototype developed by Bonnier. And its undeniably very cool. These guys have a great prototype going, aimed at capturing the print magazine experience.

My questions. Which titles will be available in digital ink, and will any of them be in the design & architecture categories? And, well, will I like curling up with it?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,
    { I love your new blog site. So much great information. Looking forward to sharing it with my friends and business associates. }

    Personally, I still yearn for the print version compared to the current technology: digital flip books. However, this Bonnier development is different and I can easily see it as the future of digital media publication.

    I think digital media that tries to look like the old media (flip pages) will have some difficulty gaining wide-spread acceptance. And will be overtaken by this digital media delivery system from Bonnier that combines the very best of print and online publishing.

    Thanks for bringing this technology to my attention. Can't wait to learn more about it.

    Best, Carmen Natschke
    The Decorating Diva LLC

    ReplyDelete